Our group investigates the mechanisms of replication and pathogenesis of Hepatitis Delta vírus (HDV), with a special focus in mechanisms by which HDV interacts with the host liver cell to promote carcinogenesis.
- Freitas N, Cunha C (2009) Mechanisms and signals for the nuclear import of proteins. Current Genomics 10: 550-557.
- Sousa BC, Cunha C (2010). Development of mathematical models for the analysis of hepatitis delta virus viral dynamics. PLoS ONE 5 (9): e12512.
- Freitas N, Salisse J, Cunha C, Toshkov I, Menne S, Gudima S (2012). Hepatitis delta vírus infects the cells of hepadnavirus-induced hepatocelular carcinoma in woodchucks. Hepatology, 56 (1): 76-85.
- Mendes M, Pérez Hernandez D, Vazquez J, Coelho AV, Cunha C (2013). Proteomic changes in HEK-293 cells induced by hepatitis delta virus replication. Journal of Proteomics, 89: 24-38.
- Freitas N, Cunha C,. Menne S, and Gudima SO (2014) Envelope proteins derived from integrated hepatitis B virus DNA support assembly and release of infectious hepatitis delta virus particles”, Journal of Virology, 88(10):5742-5754.