Social inequality, health policies and the training of physicians, nurses and dentists in Brazil and in Portugal
This study analyzes the production of scientific knowledge on Health Inequalities (HI) and its use in policies of education of dentists, nurses and physicians in Brazil and Portugal.
“Representações de mulheres em idade fértil e profissionais de saúde sobre utilização de cuidados de saúde reprodutiva”
- Autores: Alho AM, Alho A
- Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=%E2%80%9CRepresenta%C3%A7%C3%B5es+de+mulheres+em+idade+f%C3%A9rtil+e+profissionais+de+sa%C3%BAde+sobre+utiliza%C3%A7%C3%A3o+de+cuidados+de+sa%C3%BAde+reprodutiva%E2%80%9D
Ascertaining poor and not poor women’s representations about fecundity and verifying how this affectedreproductive health care use (maternal health care and family planning), as well ashealthcare professionals’representationsabout “poor” women-fecundity patternsand reproductive healthcare use.
- Autores: Mateos-Hernández L, Mateos-Hernández L, Carvalho AP, Centeno-Lima SC, Alho AM, Barbara McPake, Matee M
- Link: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0142955
The lack of high-quality data to support evidence-based policies continues to be a concern in African cities, which present marked social, economic and cultural disparities that may differently impact the health of the groups living in different urban contexts. This study explores three urban units—formal, transition and informal—of the capital of Cape Verde, in terms of overweight/obesity, cardiometabolic risk, physical activity and other aspects related to the urban environment.
Healthcare access and the patterns of maternal health care utilization among poor and non-poor women living in urban areas in Portugal
- Autores: Alho AM, Alho A, Jeyaseeli L
- Link: http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=40475
Studies on attitudes and practices are increasingly used but not specifically related to the motivations for the use of reproductive health care among women of fertile age, living in urban areas and in different social contexts.